No meal is complete without dessert. Now that we are spending more time at home, we can start experimenting around and create tasty desserts which won’t break the bank! That was why when Nestlé Ice Cream released the new flavor – Nestlé Blue Tub Coconut Gula Melaka Ice Cream, we decided to give it a fun twist by making Japanese mochi ice cream. Just imagine, Gula Melaka Ice Cream with hints of creamy coconut on the inside and perfectly soft and chewy mochi on the outside – truly amazing! This Nestlé Blue Tub Coconut Gula Melaka Ice Cream comes at an affordable price, RM8.50/1.5L *jaw drops* yet still great tasting and perfect for sharing.
Making homemade mochi ice cream is so much easier than you would think! And in fact a lot more fun! Don’t believe us!? Read on.
- Nestlé Blue Tub Coconut Gula Melaka Ice Cream
- 180ml water
- 100g glutinous rice flour
- 60g sugar
- Corn starch
What You Need:
- Flat plate/flat tray (make sure it can fit into the freezer)
- Ice cream scoop
- Rubber spatula
- Round cutter/bowl (to cut out the dough for the mochi skin)
- Baking mat
- Keep your tools and ice cream cold. Work with only one ice cream ball out of the freezer at a time.
- Keep your kitchen cool while working.
- Working fast is key when dealing with ice cream.
- Take a few scoops of the Nestlé Blue Tub Coconut Gula Melaka Ice Cream and place them it on a parchment paper-lined tray or a flat plate. Pop them into the freezer.
- For the mochi skin, first mix the sugar and glutinous rice flour together.
- Pour some water into the rice flour mixture and stir it with a whisk to get rid of any lumps.
- Put it in a steamer for 15-20 minutes under low heat.
- Remove it from the steamer and stir it with a rubber spatula.
- Place a baking mat on the table and sprinkle it with a generous amount of cornstarch.
- Scrape the dough out of the bowl with a spatula and onto the baking mat. Dust the top of the dough with more cornstarch.
- Roll the dough into a rectangle, no less than 1/4-inch thick. Make sure the top and bottom of the dough are always dusted with cornstarch to prevent any sticking.
- Next, pop the whole baking mat into the fridge to set the dough for 30 minutes.
- After the dough has set, cut circles of the dough using a small bowl or a round cutter to form the mochi skin.
- Brush off any excess cornstarch off the mochi skin. Now, working quickly, take one scoop of Nestlé Blue Tub Coconut Gula Melaka Ice Cream from the freezer and place it in the center of the mochi skin. Press the edges around the scoop of ice cream together, forming a ball, and squeeze to seal.
- To preserve its shape, wrap the mochi ice cream in cling wrap and place them back in the freezer to set.
- Repeat the steps for the rest of the mochi ice cream.
- Allow the mochi ice cream to freeze for a minimum of 2 hours.
Ta-dah! You’re done! With just a few simple ingredients, you get to enjoy this refreshing dessert with a local Malaysian twist! So simple right? Grab this affordable Nestlé Blue Tub Coconut Gula Melaka Ice Cream from any retail stores nationwide or just order it online from the comfort of your own home now;
- Nestlé Ice Cream Lazada Official Store: https://bit.ly/LAZBLUETUBCGM
- Nestlé Ice Cream Shopee Official Store: https://bit.ly/SHOPEEBLUETUBCGM
Follow our daily updates – Let’s Makan, Travel and Have Fun with us! #EatFuntravel
YouTube: Foodiver Official