written by Natasha Christopher
I’m sure most of you are already in the kitchen whipping some Christmas magic and finding for new recipes to bake! We certainly can’t wait for Christmas to arrive and to have the best planning ahead. Some of the famous Christmas cookies you can find are the gingerbread cookies, chocolate chip and food like mushroom soup and pizza.
1. Christmas Gingerbread Cookie
The Christmas holidays are coming, and that means full steam ahead in the kitchen with lots of magic to happen. Saying magic! How could we do without our classic gingerbread cookies bake with World No.1 Lurpak Unsalted Butter. It is not too gingery, but with a nice mellow combination of spices that guaranteed toothsome tempting taste for you & your loved ones.
- Made from fresh cream and lactic culture
- Fresh, pure buttery taste
- Great for cooking and baking because it allows you to control the salt level in your food and gives crispier cookies and pie doughs
- Voted World No 1 butter in the World Championship Cheese Contest 2020
- Also available in other flavour:
- Lurpak Salted Butter
Whether or not you actually like gingerbread cookie is kinda irrelevant. You make them every single year because they make people happy. Afterall, Good Food Deserves Lurpak.
How to make it?
Preparation : 30 mins, Baking : 10mins/batch, Servings : 5 dozen
- 250g of Lurpak Unsalted Butter
- 340g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup of molasses
- 2 tsp. of ground ginger
- 1 tsp. of baking soda
- 1 tsp. of ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. of salt
- 4 cups of plain flour or all-purpose flour (either one)
Mix well butter & brown sugar in a large bowl for 6 minutes. Add egg, molasses, flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon & salt & mix well. Cover it & chill for at least 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 350°. Roll dough to 0.3cm thick. Cut into desired shape. Place on baking sheets.
Next, bake well for around 10 minutes until edges are firm. Remove from baking sheets & decorate.
2. Cream Cheese Mushroom Soup
Beautifully thicken Cream Cheese mushroom soup. What a way to pamper yourself & loved ones to a sunny morning of Christmas holidays. This warm, luscious, creamy & thick mushroom soup is made possible with Arla Cream Cheese Natural.
Why Arla Cream Cheese?
- Completely natural
- No preservatives, additives or colorants are added
- For cooking, as a baking ingredient and to make fresh dips.
- Ideal with sandwiches, on toasts, sushi, crackers and in wraps.
Also available in other flavours:
- Arla Cream Cheese Natural Light
- Arla Cream Cheese Herbs & Spices
- Arla Cream Cheese Pineapple
- Arla Cream Cheese Garlic & Herbs
- Arla Cream Cheese Lactose Free
How to make it?
Preparation : 25 mins, Servings : 3 cups
- 170g Arla Cream Cheese Natural
- 2 tbsp. of Arla Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp. chicken stock
- 250ml boiling water
- 3 cups of sliced white button mushroom
- ¼ cup of chopped onion
- ¼ cup of coriander/parsley leaf
- 2 tbsp. of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of Arla Organic Fresh Milk
Dissolve chicken stock in small bowl of water & set aside. Place & saute the mushrooms &onion in butter until tender. Add flour & stir well.
Gradually add Arla Organic Fresh Milk into small bowl & boil over medium heat. Stirred constantly & cook up to 2 minutes until the soup thickened.
Stir in Arla Cream Cheese Natural along the mixture of mushroom & onion. Continue to stir well until it melts. Finally sprinkle coriander or parsley leaf as topping to serve.
3. Christmas Tree Pizza With Arla Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
Get ready for an “insta” picture taking moment! Enjoy the festive spirit with this Christmas tree Mozzarella Cheese Pizza. Kids and even adults, will love the scrumptious taste & we cannot stop eating it. They are already grated and that can save you much time in the kitchen.
Why Arla Mozzarella Shredded Cheese?
- Mild and delicate with a creamy and aromatic taste
- Semi-soft, elastic texture, which implies excellent stretchability
- Perfect for pizza, pasta dishes, Mexican cuisine, on top of pies, or in other dishes as a nice looking topping or to add a delicious, melted cheese flavor
- Also available in other flavours:
- Arla Mozzarella Tex Mex Shredded
- Arla Mozzarella Pizza Topping Shredded
Get ready for your Christmas with this fastest and yet easiest way to make your loved ones at home satisfied.
Preparation : 20 mins, Cooking : 20mins, Servings : 12 slices of 16” customized Christmas Pizza
- 80g Arla Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
- 50g minced chicken
- 8-10 pcs mini sausages of your choice
- 3 tsp. of yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 600g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Pizza sauce
- 2 pcs tortilla
Combine both yeast & water in a big bowl. Stir until well mixed & yeast is dissolved. Next, add flour, honey, salt, 2 tbsp. olive oil into the big bowl & mix well. Use hands to knead dough for about 4-5 minutes. Form a ball sized dough & rest for 10 minutes.
Pre-heat oven to 450°. Roll & spread dough over 16-inch circle & cut into desired Christmas tree size. Remember to toll the dough’s edges for a crispy crust taste. Combine 2 tbsp. olive oil with garlic powder & brush the crust.
Place the pizza in the oven for 5 minutes with the same temperature. Spread across pizza sauce, Arla Mozzarella Shredded cheese, minced chicken & sausages. Return to heat for 10-12 minutes until golden brown & cheese is melted. Bring out from oven and sprinkle a little more cheese before serving!
4. Christmas Cheese Mouse
Easy to make yet so adorable. A great snack to keep your hungry little ones satisfied with this cute festive Christmas mouse decoration with cheese to bring a little holiday joy with the kids. Only 5 minutes preparation, Arla Cheese Triangle gives you the easiest recipe with joy.
Why Arla Cheese Triangle?
- Great for snacking
- Source of protein & calcium
The fun starts here for your family! Get ready together for a joyous Christmas. Ho-Ho-Ho!
Preparation : 5 mins, Servings : 10 portions
- 1 portion of Arla Triangle Cheese
- 10 pcs of crackers
- 2 pcs of sausages
- 10g of black sesame seeds
Place a steaming rack in a pan with boiling water beneath. Next, place sausages and steam for 5 minutes until soften. Remove from pan & slice into desired mouse’s ear shape.
Remove cheese from Arla Triangle Cheese pack & placed above the cracker.
Decorate it with black sesame seeds for the eyes & nose for mouse. Add 2 slices of sausages for the ears & serve.
5. Choco Chip Cookie Protein Shake
Stay top-notch this season with a delicious, healthy and nourishing choice of Chocolate Chip Protein Shake made with Arla Organic Fresh Milk.
Why Arla Organic Milk?
- 100% European Certified Organic Milk from Denmark
- No antibiotics and preservatives
- No hormones
- No additives
- No chemicals
- Fresh and naturally good taste
- Also available in other flavour:
- Arla Organic Low Fat Milk
Start planning now for this energy boosting & delicious drink. It is guaranteed to be absolutely easy to make & a satisfying Christmas servings.
- 400ml Arla Organic Fresh Milk
- 50g rolled oats
- 50g or 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 tsp. maple syrup
- 40g chocolate chips
- Mini choc chip cookies (optional)
Add the Arla Organic Milk, rolled oats, protein powder, baking powder, maple syrup and vanilla extract into a blender jug. Next, blend until smooth.
Add half of the chocolate chips and crumble a mini choc chip cookie into the blended mix & blend well.
Serve & enjoy the creamy Arla Organic Milk with a bite of choc chip cookie dough.
Arla Cheese and Lurpak butter:
All major hypers/supermarkets in Peninsular Malaysia
Arla Organic Milk:
All Cold Storage, Mercato and TMC Bangsar in Pen. Malaysia & all Jaya Grocer in Klang Valley.
Be sure to try these recipes and head to the supermarket near you to check out on our Christmas promotion which will be running until 31 Dec 2020.
P.S. Arla is the 4th largest dairy producer and also the largest organic dairy producer in the world.
Arla believes healthy eating should be easy, accessible and enjoyable in line with their commitment to creating high quality products that fit with healthy diets and inspire good food habits. Therefore, they strive towards creating a future dairy to bring health and inspiration to the world, naturally.
For more information, check out
Instagram: Arla Malaysia
Follow our daily updates – Let’s Makan, Travel and Have Fun with us! #EatFuntravel
YouTube: Foodiver Official