The flavour of Hong Kong egg tarts fresh from the oven is simply amazing. It’s easy to make egg tarts at home only if you know how! With Thermomix, you can save time on kneading the flour. All you need is to place ingredients into the mixing bowl and set your prefer time and it will do the rest. Now it is your turn to bake and enjoy eating this famous Hong Kong dim sum as much as we do.
Pastry10 g Sugar
95 g Salted Butter, Room Temperature
180 g Plain Flour
1 piece Egg
8 egg tart aluminum moulds
75 g Castor Sugar
2 pieces Eggs
125 g Milk
1/4 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
75 g Water
Pinch of Salt
- Put sugar into mixing bowl, mill 1 sec / Turbo for 2 times or until fine.
- Add Pastry ingredients to blend 10 sec / speed 6
- Using spatula to transfer dough into a ready clingwrap.
- Wrap dough in clingwrap, keep in fridge for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, weigh pastries into 40g. Makes 8 equal portions.
- Roll individual dough into a ball, using both palm, press the pastry ball into a flat disc. fit into tart cases. lightly press the base, make a little thin base.
- Prick holes with a fork.
- Refrigerate the tart cases.
- Preheat oven at 180ºC now.
- Add water and castor sugar to cook 4 min / 37 ºC / speed 1
- Add in all filling ingredients to mix 20 sec / speed 3
- Sift egg mixture twice to achieve smoothest texture.
- Carefully pour egg mixture into each tart shells.
- Bake tarts (level 3, counting from top) for 25 mins at 180ºC.
Viola! It sounds as simple as it is. You can enjoy these authentic Hong Kong egg tarts with your beloved ones everyday! Happy baking!
If you would like to know more about TM6, leave a message in the comment section below.